Jump to content
BJack0

!dot Command / Casual Server

Recommended Posts

Would love to see the community view on the !dot command that was added to casual.

Personalty I dont think it will add anything good to casual and if anything it will just make server more toxic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty fucking gay honestly, Most of the kids that didnt know how to dot before will now just use it which kinda makes the whole server not even worth playing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I don't mind it. It's a NoSpread server anyway, I mean its the same as scoping pretty much. The dot is kinda broken for me though, after like 30 seconds of having it, it disappears. (I don't really care because I don't use it, just thought I'd throw it out there for any pro dotters with the same problem.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forums are for the community to talk about changes and thing going on within NF but I guess that dosnt matter.

 

(But I guess that dosnt matter because the people who play on the servers consistently dont know whats going to be a good idea and what isnt)

Edited by BJack0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone here is old enough to remember when autobhop became the norm on CS:S & the reasoning behind it, then they'll understand why !dot was added. To put it simply: people ruin everything.

Players were adding external crosshairs to their game (either via their monitor's settings, external program, or otherwise) just for the casual server. It became an apparent problem when people would have insanely high K/Ds with nearly all noscopes, while people who didn't want to do those kinds of things were just left in the dust. So why not just add a dot so everyone can be on the same playing field if they choose? It's lame, I admit, but at the end of the day the only people who are genuinely upset by this are the people who were using a dot in the first place. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@3dou

(So why not just add a dot so everyone can be on the same playing field if they choose?) - Only it dosnt make it a fair playing field because people for example: Me, TQ, strawberry, neppy, Sokaries and other consistant players on Casual..... dont use dots. It just makes it so that some kid can randomly noscope someone from the middle of nowhere with no attempt to really aim or any need for some form of skill. I know that the meme of casual is that it takes no skill because AWP is 100% but thats what makes it fun for for players like me who like fighting mid air with AWP.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANYWAY

 

It dosnt matter if we discuss it because thats pointless because you know a community discussion dosnt mean naything right. fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BJack0 said:

@3dou

(So why not just add a dot so everyone can be on the same playing field if they choose?) - Only it dosnt make it a fair playing field because people for example: Me, TQ, strawberry, neppy, Sokaries and other consistant players on Casual..... dont use dots. It just makes it so that some kid can randomly noscope someone from the middle of nowhere with no attempt to really aim or any need for some form of skill. I know that the meme of casual is that it takes no skill because AWP is 100% but thats what makes it fun for for players like me who like fighting mid air with AWP.

 

It makes it even because everyone is given the opportunity to use it; whether or not you do is up to you. I mean I agree; the dot is really fucking dumb, but maybe if people seriously complain about it enough you might be able to change elmo's mind.

Edited by 3dou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(change elmo's mind.) - Like all the people who have asked for the bhop decay to be lowered a little on retro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BJack0 said:

(change elmo's mind.) - Like all the people who have asked for the bhop decay to be lowered a little on retro?

It was, actually. I was there to witness the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saying but people like kron (sorry for dragging you in) say that its too much and other players that play on retro even say the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BJack0 said:

Just saying but people like kron (sorry for dragging you in) say that its too much and other players that play on retro even say the same.

Again, I'm not defending the !dot, I'm just explaining the reasoning behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3dou said:

Again, I'm not defending the !dot, I'm just explaining the reasoning behind it.

I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the last year i have been suffering from severe depression and over time it has gotten worse and i feel as though this is the thing to push to the edge... im sorry that you have had to learn under these circumstances but please tell my mum and dad i love them call : +44 01706 812228

Edited by lukew4lker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lukew4lker said:

For the last year i have been suffering from severe depression and over time it has gotten worse and i feel as though this is the thing to push to the edge... im sorry that you have had to learn under these circumstances but please tell my mum and dad i love them call : +44 01706 812228

Lancashire?

More like LAMEcashire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

NightFall began as a Counter-Strike combat surf server in mid-late 2016. Darth Elmo, its founder, grew and led the community until an ownership transfer in mid-2018. Today, headed up by 3dou, NightFall continues to provide its players with the best CS:GO community server experience possible, including a multitude of servers with custom-made plugins and maps. Welcome.

NightFall

×