Sign in to follow this  
Skatomy

Add more maps :)

Hey guys :) with the addition of our great new owners I think we should make some addition of new maps. Nightfall is a great server with diverse amounts of people and with that we could have some more diverse maps. For the past month or so ever since we removed a bunch of "unplayed" maps I feel like all we play now is xdream, skyworld , skyscraper, and Surf_ski. I have a great love for these maps but it gets very stale, and somtimes i find my self on the server late at night with only 8 people playing the same map over and over again and maybe we could get some newer maps to mix it up a bit! I am sorry for my trashy post lol.ryan.jpg.1ac12c55587217d2bcaf36ddfcf8015a.jpg

I get your idea and it would be a good one if it worked. Before we had plenty of maps like quik_nf and forbidden ways, but no one ever played them, I do not even remember that last time I played a map like forbidden or mai_remix. The point is even if we had all these maps no one ever play it, and all it does is waste space and stress out the server more and with 20 players average we get its going to cause some lag. Im guessing the point of removing all the maps that are unplayed is to create more space for plugins or reduce lag and shit, but who knows its up to the owners to decide.

• Like 1

No more good maps to add, sorry. Any simple arena map like _pyramidduel, _bigloop or_exploder_prime (whatever it's called) isn't liked by atleast one part of the community (myself included on _bl), thus never gets more votes than maps like _ski, _skyscraper or _buckwild. To add any new maps you would have to change people and their mindset, which is a bit harder than just simply adding more.

• Like 1

I agree with some new maps can be a great idea, as long as they're decent for combat surf. There's alot of surfmaps out there, but very few of them are actually decent. Maybe it's time for a suggestion thread?
Also your post isn't trashy except for the excessive use of color and letter size :D

I miss banocanyon, though.

And make skyworld dgl and ssg only :x

Edited by :Patrôn
  • Like 1

i kinda want a dust 2011 or 2012 on the server, ive heard a few people say that they dont like dust_zoom and i kinda agree.

1 hour ago, autumn said:

i kinda want a dust 2011 or 2012 on the server, ive heard a few people say that they dont like dust_zoom and i kinda agree.

dust2 2011 is total cancer. no telehops and mostly a secret-based map. also, skyrails? really?

We tried dust2 tunisia a while back and everyone wanted zoom back instead. zoom is just a better version of 2015, so....

all that adds up to just dust2 zoom probably being the best option.

On the bright side, all the retro maps are back on casual so the list is now what, 50+? Definitely more variety there, but I'd still oppose having two versions of the same map.

1 minute ago, darthelmo1 said:

dust2 2011 is total cancer. no telehops and mostly a secret-based map. also, skyrails? really?

We tried dust2 tunisia a while back and everyone wanted zoom back instead. zoom is just a better version of 2015, so....

all that adds up to just dust2 zoom probably being the best option.

On the bright side, all the retro maps are back on casual so the list is now what, 50+? Definitely more variety there, but I'd still oppose having two versions of the same map.

i somewhat agree, just thought it'd be a nice idea having maybe more than one version would cater to a lot more people, some people like one version of one map but i understand your point and somewhat agree more than adding more than one map, if that makes sense