Havoc

Havoc's Admin Application

In Game Name: Havoc

Name: Sammy

Got a mic?: Yes

Is English your first language?: Yes

How long you've been on the server: Since August 2017

If you muted a player for being toxic and everyone criticized you for doing so, what would you do?:   After I mute people, the other players usually agree with me because the majority of the time I mute players is when the community and I become fed up with the toxic player's behavior.  In the rare cases that others do criticize me, I try to calmly explain why I muted him and publicly state what rules were broken and why the mute was for that time period.

Have you read and do you understand the staff guidelines?: Yes, I have.

Why you are applying?:  I am applying because of the exponential rise of cheaters, alt accounts, and constant toxic players on the server.  Being able to mute, gag, and kick, can only punish a player to a certain extent.  In the past month that I have been mod, the number of people that spam message me, communicate with their name, shoot bullet holes that make words, has risen and become an issue.  The best way to fix it would be to give the player a temporary ban to calm down, think about their actions, and realize what they are doing is only harming themselves and not really helping them in the grand picture.

Do you think a staff member needs to be cheerful and nice all the time, regardless of the situation?: Of course, staff should always try and be in a happy mood when on NF because that way, players are more likely to listen since they can tell that you are trying to be friendly.  But, there are some instances where you need to cut the nice cop act and enforce the rules which we should still do professionally and fairly.

If a player was constantly antagonizing people, what would you do?:  Firstly I would give the player a warning no matter hoping that they stop.  If they persist, I would give them a mute and or gag for 20-30 minutes which should show them that the rules are not allowed to be broken.  If they still continue, I would give a longer mute/gag closer to an hour+ which would neutralize the situation and cause the toxic player to be contained.  If it still continues, I would ask the upper staff or admins to ban the player temporarily to hopefully give the player a chance to cool down.

What makes you a better choice of staff rather than any other applicant?: First, I have been a mod for NF for exactly a month now which has allowed me to experience the type of player on NF and make a name for myself as a staff member.  I am able to look at multiple sides of arguments and determine who is in the wrong and who is not.  I also always try to no matter what, be calm and not hasty with punishments because that makes NF as a whole look bad if staff gives out extended mutes and gags over and over without solid evidence and a proper cause.  I always try to avoid arguing with any person I mute/gag and instead tell them to appeal on the forums which I would always provide a link for if they do decide to appeal.

How can you help the community grow as a whole?: I can get rid of the players that feel the need to constantly be toxic, have alternate accounts, and cheat. This will give other players a better experience on NF hopefully bringing them back in the future.

What experience do you have as a staff member?: I have been mod for the past month (exactly) on the server.

Being a mod requires you to be on often. Do you pledge to be active on the server(s), forums, and discord?: I am already constantly active on the server, forums, and discord talking with players in discord, reacting to others posts on the forums, and players in-game.

Is there anything else that we should know?: The admin tag looks cool 😉

+1

Great moderator and is ready for a step up.

Edited by Daniel
  • Thanks 1

+1 I think he should be promoted, and also he is very active and knows the rules well. I think he is responsible enough to be admin.

• Thanks 1